A couple of days ago Harlan asked me what month it was (she has no concept of what day or month it is during the summer, which I love) and I told her August. As soon as the word left my mouth, she started jumping up and down “Yay, that means school starts soon!” It feels like she’s been counting down the day until school started since the last day of school. To say she loves school is an understatement. She’s head over heels for school and gives it her all every single day.
Honestly, all three of the kids love school (maybe not to the extent that Harlan does, but close) so when it comes time to for shopping back-to-school, they cannot wait to stock up. A tradition that we’ve had every year before school starts is to sit down at my computer and get them new backpacks. I remember doing it as a kid with my mom and how excited I got for school to start so I could show off my new backpack. The tradition continues with these three and they are thrilled about it every year.
As they get older, their personalities have definitely started to show in what they pick out. This year, when picking out their backpacks from Lands’ End, it really shoed who they are. I was really excited when Lands’ End approached me about their Back-to-School campaign. We’ve worked with them several times and I am always impressed with the quality of their items (the kids have worn their Lands’ End bathing suits several times on our Hilton Head beach trip and they’ve help up. And we have several large canvas totes that are a must-have for road trips and beach trips.) While I knew their backpacks were going to be durable, what I was most excited about was to show the kids just how much they can personalize their backpacks to really make them their own.
Harlan, a girl of many emotions, chose the fun face backpack and lunchbox. Lands’ End lets you personalize both backpacks and lunchboxes with endless possibilities. Harlan was able to choose from several fonts and colors, whether or not she wanted her name or initials, and then she got to choose from several designs to really make her backpack and lunchbox stand out.
Avery, my free-spirit and the girl that loves love, chose the ClassMate Small Backpack in Galaxy print. Hers is not only complete with her initials, but a peace symbol on both her backpack and lunchbox. As we were going through all of the designs she could choose from, even going through the unicorn, the flower, and even a pink cupcake, Avery insisted on the peace sign. I asked her if she even knew what it mean and she said “it means peace, mom.” She is the peace maker of the family and this couldn’t be more perfect for her.
Since we’re still on vacation and haven’t quite had a chance to fill these up yet, the kids have already asked to go to the store to fill it up with school supplies. When I tell you they are excited to go back to school, they really cannot wait.
To celebrate their excitement and the back-to-school season, Lands’ End is hosting “Backpack Day” on August 7, 2018 – providing extraordinary offers, advice and the chance to win $100 Lands’ End gift cards.
Want to know how you can get the most out of Lands’ End Backpack Day? Check out all that it has to offer below:
- 50 Percent Off – Lands’ End is announcing an EXTRAORDINARY offer in honor of Backpack Day, August 7, 2018. All backpacks (and coordinating lunch boxes) will be 50 percent off with free shipping. Use promo code: BACKPACK and pin: 2018 to receive this amazing offer.
- #BackpackDay Twitter Event – August 7, 2018 (6 pm – 8 pm EST) – Lands’ End is also hosting a two-hour #BackpackDay Twitter Event, complete with advice from Lands’ End as well as chances to win $100 gift cards and backpacks. Follow the hashtag and @LandsEndPR and @LandsEnd
- Online Tips – Visit landsend.com/backtoschool to discover the best in backpacks, with shopping tools and categories to find the perfect fitting packs.
- Pick A Pack – There’s truly a backpack for everyone in the family. Lands’ End offers an assortment of packs to pick from this season including: ClassMate®, TechPack, StudyHaul and Packable Cinch Sack collections.
- Backpack Personality – Personalizing a backpack is a popular trend. Between icons, initials and monograms, Lands’ End has hundreds of options for kids to create a personalized pack. From emojis based on the popular smartphone characters to glow-in-the-dark options with a dinosaur skeleton, crossbones and star, kids can add personality to backpacks for only $6 for an initial, name or icon.