Avery is 10 months old today! I slacked last month and didn’t do a nine month update. I usually wait to do it after her doctors appointment, but after hearing about her weight concerns, I put the post off to focus on her gaining weight. We go back to the GI doctor on Monday to see how things are going, but I am very happy to say that all of her blood work came back normal. At nine months Avery weighed 13 pounds 10.5 ounces. She was 26 1/2 inches in height.
Now onto month 10! This was such a big month for Avery. Her personality is really starting to shine and she is so fun to be around.
She celebrated her very first Christmas this month and even took her first steps! She continues to amaze us with all of her words and the way that she mimics us. She continues to be such a blessing in our life.
If you want to see some of my favorite moments from Avery’s tenth month, I showcased some over at Babble!
I’ve compiled some of the fun and exciting things that Avery has done over her tenth month. I love to do this each month (here’s month one, month two, month three, month four, month five, month six, month seven, month eight, and month nine) so I can document how she is growing.
Month 10 Fun Facts:
- Avery is finally into 6-12 month clothing! Yay! We are desperately trying to get her to gain weight. I’ve been adding oatmeal to her fruits and olive oil to her veggies for extra calories.
- She’s become much more of a picky eater this month. It’s becoming a pain to feed her because she shakes her head no (something she learned last month) and closes her mouth.
- She does not like to get dressed or undressed and tries to fight you as you do it. It’s like a wrestling match getting her dressed every morning and night. Not fun at all.
- She is so close to walking! She took her first step this month, but get’s really nervous to take more than a few. I’m guessing that she will be off before we know it!
- She loves to wave and tell anyone hi or bye. Those are her two favorite words.
- She learned how to nod this month and every time I ask her a question she responded with either a shake of the head or a nod. I doubt she has any clue as to what I am saying, but it is so funny to see how she chooses to answer me.
- She has two new favorite games that she loves playing. Peek-a-boo is a favorite of hers and so is a new game that she made up where she will lay down on the ground as if she is about to go to sleep and then says “awwww” she then looks up at you to say the same thing. She loves the attention.
- Avery follows Harlan everywhere. If Harlan walks to their room, Avery is crawling right behind her. They play with one another all the time and love to keep each other busy.
- We are still taking two naps a day and sleeping about 12 hours at night, from 7-7.
- She is starting to get a little bit more emotional and cries when she doesn’t get her way. Take something away from her and she is not a happy camper.
- Her favorite toy to play with is a Yo Gabba Gabba boom box that plays YGG songs. She presses the button and dances to it. It’s a winner.
I’m chronicling my adventures on Babble.com! Check out some of my Babble posts at Baby’s First Year.