After picking blueberries earlier this week, Harlan insisted that we make a pie with our earnings. I’ve never been one to pass up a fruit pie, so we went to the store together to gather all of our ingredients.
This was probably one of the easiest pies that I’ve made. We added peaches because they are in season and we had some in our fruit basket. With a few simple ingredients, we enjoyed a delectable dessert that night! And it was fun knowing that the kids had their hand at making it!
I decided to have fun with the top of the pie and give them a surprise when I pulled it out o the oven.
Here’s the recipe if you want to make it on your own.
- 4 peaches (peeled and cut into slices)
- 1 1/2 pints of fresh blueberries
- 1 cup of sugar
- 7 tablespoons of flour
- -1 egg (beaten)
- store bought pie crust
- Preheat oven to 400
- Mix peaches, blueberries, flour, and sugar
- Lay out pie crust into a pie baking dish to cover bottom and sides of dish.
- Pour in peach and blueberry mixture
- Using a small cookie cutter, cut your favorite shape on other piece of pie crust and assemble on top of pie
- Lightly brush top of pie with beaten egg
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes
- Lower oven temperature to 300 degrees and bake for another 25-30 minutes