Wow! Has it been six months already? With two little ones in this house, time passes by so quickly it’s scary. Avery is officially a half-year old. I’ve compiled some of the fun and exciting things that Avery has done over her sixth month. I love to do this each month (here’s month one, month two, month three, month four, and month five) so I can document how she is growing.
Month six was full of so many milestones. Avery and I traveled alone together for a press trip which turned into quite an adventure, teething became more and more of a bit of a hassle this month, and this child is almost mobile! Avery is becoming more and more of a baby full of personality. Her and Harlan have started to interact a lot more and they are certainly infatuated with one another. I can’t wait to see that relationship flourish more and more.
Now that Avery is so interactive, it is so much fun to bring her out in the city with me. She loves looking at everything around her and will flash that cute smile at everything she sees. I absolute adore being able to be with her all day long. It is truly a blessing.
If you want to see some adorable pictures of Avery from her sixth month, I showcased a few of my favorites over at Babble.
Month Six Fun Facts:
- She weighs 12 lbs 6 oz (gained almost a pound)
- She is 24.5 inches in height (didn’t grow in height)
- So we are SO close to being officially mobile. She can do the army crawl but just started to get on her knees and rock back and forth. She doesn’t quite get that she has to move her hands yet.
- She started to sit up unassisted this month! She doesn’t really like sitting up that much and still prefers to be put down on her back so she can immediately roll over and try to crawl.
- I learned this month just how patient Avery really is. I call it the blessing of the second child. But after sitting on a plane for over seven hours, this girl was a rockstar!!!
- Avery loves bath time now! I’ve started bathing her with Harlan at night and it is he best thing ever. Both girls love it and Harlan helps entertain Avery while I am bathing her.
- Avery got to go on her first boat ride this month! We rode the Water Taxi from Brooklyn and also rode the ferry over to Governors Island!
- She is a teething machine. Although no teeth yet, they really seem to be bothering her. It’s disrupted her sleep and has caused her to drool a lot!
- She went on the swing at the playground for the first time this month and loved it! It is now a must whenever we go to the park.
I’m chronicling my adventures on Babble.com! Check out some of my Babble posts at Baby’s First Year.